It’s one of the world’s most popular holidays throughout Mexico and Central America. Among the most beautiful and recognizable Day of the Dead symbols is the Calavera, or decorative skull. Today we are going to try to recreate our decorative skull.
Talcum/ baby powder
Brush to apply the base
Bright coloured lipstick
Black eyeliner or black kajal
Different coloured eyeshadow (optional)
- Mix 3 parts water with 1 part talcum or baby powder.
- Apply this liquid all over your face and neck.
Wait till the applied liquid on your face turns almost white! You need to be a little patient with this step as it might take some time.
Now the fun part 😊 let's start with the eyes.
- Using your kajal or eye pencil, outline your eye socket. The oval around your eyes should start just above your eyebrows and comes down a couple of inches from your lower lash line. Don’t worry if you mess it up the first time, just take your time, and don’t draw the line on too heavy.
- Once you are happy with the shape, fill in the oval with black. You can either use black eyeliner or black eyeshadow depending on the intensity.
- Next, we are going to take the black eyeliner and draw small semi-circles around the eye. These semicircles have to resemble flower petals and so you can vary the sizes according to what you prefer.
- You can also colour in the petals if you want.
Now the nose.
- Draw a teardrop shape onto the end of your nose to create the illusion of a black void. Fill it in black and the nose is done!
- Draw a flower/petal on your forehead. You can also add some colour if you like.
Cheeks/ under eye
- Add some extra details under the eye. Teardrop shapes and swirls look incredible with this look.
- Apply the brightest lip colour on your lips.
- Now using the black liner, draw a line for a couple of inches towards your ear.
- Now with the same black liner draw in small vertical lines across both your lips. This will create something like stitches.
- You can also add a few lines on the lines which extended from your lips.
- Using the eyeliner or eye pencil draw a design, like a flower or some symmetric swirls on your chin to complete the look.
And with this, you are done with the makeup. For this look, you can wear any dress with lots of ruffles and trims, preferably a black dress. If you have a flower headband it would be perfect.
On Halloween, you get to become anything you want to be - Ava Dellaira
Author: Baarathi Venkatesh
I am a basic average girl, and I'm here to save the world 😉 I also enjoy traveling and eating delicious food in my free time 😁 I have a slight obsession of cats and all things cute! I am constantly in search for new adventures and interesting things to do. Absolutely love K-dramas, great books and cozy places. Check out my page for more food related posts.